- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Suspect tries to lure girl with cash | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Attempted abduction: At 12:26 p.m. July 17 in the 1600 block of Southwest 312th Street, a male approached a female juvenile as she walked home. The suspect attempted to lure the girl into his vehicle. He offered money. The victim ran. The suspect was located and arrested.
• Stolen vacuum: At 6:04 p.m. July 16 in the 33300 block of 1st Lane South, it was reported that a suspect had picked a vehicle's lock and stolen a new vacuum from the trunk.
• Foamy mess: At 8:50 a.m. July 16 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a complainant reported a pool, chairs and a vehicle were doused with fire extinguisher retardant. Four empty extinguishers were found on the property.
• Keyed car: At 10:49 a.m. July 16 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim reported his or her vehicle was keyed from the trunk to headlights on both sides of the vehicle.
• Dog bite: At 4:50 p.m. July 17 in the 600 block of Southwest 299th Place, police responded to a report of a dog bite.
• Wandering child: At 6:36 a.m. July 17 in the 2100 block of Southwest 328th Street, a witness saw a child walking alone in a T-shirt and underwear. Several witnesses had seen the child but none knew where the child lived. More than an hour later, an emergency call was placed from the child's father. The kid was returned.
• Maliscious mischief: At 6:59 a.m. July 17 in the 32200 block of Military Road South, it was reported that a suspect slashed four tires and keyed both sides of the victim's vehicle.
• Home burglary: At 1:28 p.m. July 17 at an unlisted location, a complainant reported that a suspect broke into a home and cut and removed wiring, shower heads, fixtures and cabinet knobs. The suspect damaged sheetrock and a slider door. The home was owned by a bank.
• Graffiti: At 4:46 p.m July 18 at 2626 S.W. 327th Street, police found potentially gang related graffiti at a school.
• Suspicious person: At 4:23 p.m. July 18 in the 3600 block of Southwest 336th Street, a suspect was seen contacting a group of five female juveniles. The suspect was offering skating lessons and was seen taking off his shirt.
• Assault: At 12:20 p.m. July 18 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, it was reported that a victim was walking home when he or she was assaulted by a group of suspects who stole the victim's money. The victim suffered a broken jaw.