Driver leaves scene of collision, cited for DUI | Federal Way crime blotter
July 12, 2010 · Updated 6:25 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• DUI: At 9:14 p.m. July 1 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect caused a multiple vehicle collision that resulted in major injuries. The driver left the scene but was located later. A DUI was issued.
• Theft: At 3:19 p.m. June 30 at 1701 S. Commons a suspect concealed $100 worth of Sears merchandise and attempted to exit the store without paying for the items.
• Suspicious injuries: At 10:49 a.m. June 30 at 32820 22nd Ave. S.W., a patient came to St. Francis Hospital with suspicious bruising all over his or her body. The victim lives at a group home. He or she is autistic but was able to provide a statement regarding what happened.
• Fight: At 1:15 a.m. June 30 at 32935 1st Ave. S., police responded to a fight in progress at a convenience store. The fight was mutual but one participant lost a wallet during the scuffle. The person was unsure if it was dropped or stolen during the fight.
• Beer run: At 7:41 p.m. July 1 in the 2100 block of Southwest 336th Street, it was reported that two juveniles attempted to steal two cases of beer.
• Trespassing: At 3:29 p.m. July 1 at 28817 Military Road South, management requested two subjects be trespassed from the property. The subjects were harassing customers and panhandling. Both individuals had already been trespassed from the property in the past.
• Felony warrant: At 12:28 a.m. July 1 in the 29600 block of Military Road South, police responded to a call about an intoxicated male. A record check revealed the man had an active King County felony warrant. He was apprehended and transported to the King County jail in Seattle.
• Counterfeit: At 1:18 p.m. July 1 at 2302 S. 320th St., a suspect ordered food and tried to pay with a fake $20. An employee asked the suspect to park and wait when a counterfeit detecting marker showed the bill was fake. The suspect fled without food or other items.