- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bar burglar steals electrical meter | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bar break-in: At 10:08 a.m. June 29 at 28845 Military Road South, a person reported that at approximately 4 a.m., a suspect attempted to break into a bar. Entry to the patio was made. Door pins and the electrical meter were removed, shutting off the power. The alarm still sounded. The meter was the only item missing.
• Mystery man: At 4:23 p.m. June 28 at 33000 1st Ave. S., police received a call about a man lying motionless in bushes behind a business. Fire personnel responded too. The man said he had fallen asleep. He had an active warrant for his arrest.
• Stolen phone accessories: At 11:57 a.m. June 28 at 2420 S. 320th St., a suspect stole $2,000 worth of Bluetooth accessories.
• Hit and run: At 12:08 p.m. June 28 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, one vehicle struck another parked vehicle. Two subjects got out of the first vehicle and inspected the damage caused. They fled when a witness attempted to contact them.
• Stolen mail: At 12:27 p.m. June 27 in the 33100 block of 1st Avenue Southwest, office staff at an apartment complex reported that mailboxes were broken into for the second time in a week and the fourth time total.
• Found toys: At 5:21 p.m. June 29 in the 300 block of Southwest 316th Street, a person found two children's bicycles and a children's scooter abandoned on his or her property. Police booked the items as found property.
• Hard times: At 4:12 p.m. June 29 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a suspect stole $15 worth of meat from a grocery store. When the suspect was arrested, the suspect admitted to the theft and said financial difficulties drove the crime.
• Good Samaritan: At 3:49 p.m. June 29 at 1928 S. Commons, an anonymous woman turned in an ATM card she found in an ATM machine at Sterling Savings Bank. Police contacted the card's owner.
• Breaking and entering: At 12:34 p.m. June 29 in the 2200 block of Southwest 337th Place, a victim reported that an unknown suspect cut locks on two storage sheds and entered the sheds. Nothing appeared stolen.
• Warrant: At 9:52 a.m. June 29 at 31621 23rd Ave. S., police contacted a suspect for smoking at the transit center. The person admitted to having a warrant out of Renton and was arrested.