Victim loses $11,500 trying to buy vehicle on Craigslist | Federal Way crime blotter
July 1, 2010 · Updated 11:32 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Fraud: At 12:39 p.m. June 24 at an unknown address, it was reported that a victim wired $11,500 into a suspect's bank account in order to purchase a vehicle seen for sale on Craigslist. The victim later discovered the vehicle was not owned by the person who received the money, nor was the vehicle for sale.
• Lewd conduct: At 6:42 p.m. June 24 in the 2100 block of Southwest 352nd Street, a suspect exposed his genitals to a victim, causing her to feel alarmed.
• Customers stiff salon: At 6:42 p.m. June 24 at 1710 S. Commons, three juveniles received services at a nail salon, then left without paying for the services. Two of the juveniles were found.
• DUI: At 3:26 a.m. June 24 in the 33100 block of 41st Place South, a suspect's vehicle crashed into a tree. The driver was issued a DUI.
• Swiped jewelry: At 6:22 p.m. June 25 at 33702 21st Ave. SW, an unidentified male entered a jewelry store an took a ring that was being held by a third party. The suspect fled the store. The third party, a witness, remained. The witness was not an accomplice. The ring was valued at $5,495.
• Pedestrian traffic offense: At 6:24 p.m. June 25 in the 31600 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was observed committing a pedestrian traffic offense. Police detained the person. A records check revealed an outstanding warrant. The suspect was arrested.
• Assault: At 10:24 a.m. June 25 in the 31700 block of 47th Lane Southwest, a victim reported an assault that took place in April. An unknown person used a knife and assaulted the victim before taking his or her watch and money.
• Theft: At 6:38 p.m. June 26 at 1909 S. Commons, a male stole items from Victoria's Secret.
• ICE warrant: At 10:42 a.m. June 26 in the 100 block of South 320th Street, police performed a traffic stop for an expired registration. The driver had an active warrant through Immigration and Customs Enforcement for failing to appear for removal. The suspect was detained.
• Stolen bicycle: At 11:29 p.m. June 27 in the 4900 block of Southwest 319th Lane, a complainant reported her child's bicycle was stolen from the front porch.