- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Yelling tire stabber arrested after being seen at apartments | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Slashing tires: At 12:17 p.m. June 19 in the 30900 block of 19th Place Southwest, a suspect was seen stabbing several vehicles’ tires at an apartment complex. The suspect was yelling and cursing as he did this, but had not had prior contact to the vehicles’ owners. He or she was arrested.
• Suspect refuses to pay taxi: At 9:17 p.m. June 18 in the 3400 block of South 344th Way, police responded to a situation in which a suspect refused to pay a taxi fare. The suspect had a warrant for his or her arrest.
• Stolen beer: At 9 p.m. June 18 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a juvenile shoplifted beer. He or she was located nearby and the items were recovered.
• Business break-in: At 10:30 a.m. June 18 at 34415 16th Ave. S., an unknown suspect backed a vehicle into a business’s door, forcing it open. He or she then stole tires and other vehicle parts.
• Sexual assault: At 4:13 p.m. June 18 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim reported she was sexually assaulted twice in May 2007.
• Theft from vehicle: At 9:35 a.m. June 18 in the 100 block of Southwest 340th Street, a computer and handgun were stolen from a vehicle.
• Vehicle fire: At 8:28 a.m. June 18 in the 33100 block of 42nd Place Southwest, police and fire responded to a vehicle fire at an intersection. The vehicle was stolen from Auburn.
• Theft from vehicle: At 12:02 p.m. June 17 at 33301 9th Avenue South, a victim reported his or her GPS was stolen from his or her vehicle. The incident was the fifth vandalization and theft the victim has experienced in the same parking lot. The victim’s back window washer unit has been stolen three times and his or her vehicle’s door handle stolen once from the parking lot.
• Stolen vehicle: At 9:48 a.m. June 19 in the 27900 block of 22nd Avenue South, a victim reported that an unknown suspect entered his or her garage through an open door and then stole the car inside the garage. The car’s keys were inside the vehicle.
• Involuntarily involved: At 8:34 a.m. June 19 in the 34800 block of Pacific Highway South, a subject called 911 to request a doctor and threatened suicide if she did not receive a doctor. She admitted to walking out in front of traffic in an attempt to be struck by a vehicle. She was involuntarily committed.