- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Attempted arson at apartment complex | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Arson attempt: At 9:39 p.m. June 10 in the 900 block of SW Campus Drive, police responded to a call of a fire at an apartment complex. Police arrived after the fire was extinguished by residents. They found a rug and papers outside two units that had been set on fire. There were no injuries. The attempted arson was investigated.
• Sibling fight: At 5:17 a.m. June 6 in the 1900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, siblings engaged in an argument. One sibling punched the other in the face numerous times. The victim was not cooperative in the police investigation.
• Robbery: At 2:40 p.m. June 7 at 1401 S. Dash Point Road, victims at Sacajawea Park were approached by a group of subjects. Two individuals asked to use a victim's phone. When the victim refused, the suspect threatened to shoot him or her. Another suspect grabbed the phone from the victim. Three of the suspects, high school students, were arrested.
• Lewd behavior: At 12:10 p.m. June 7 in the 4500 block of Southwest 320th Street, a complainant reported a subject urinating at a bus stop. The complainant was walking his or her son home from school when the public act was witnessed.
• Stolen identity: At 10:54 a.m. June 7 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a victim discovered and reported that his or her identity was being used by an unknown suspect to attempt to obtain employment.
• Drug paraphernalia: At 8:09 a.m. June 8 in the 30300 block of 10th Avenue South, a complainant saw several juveniles venture into the backyard of a home for sale. Police contacted the juveniles and located a pipe and marijuana.
• Destroyed wiring: At 7:05 p.m. June 8 in the 1600 block of South 312th Street, it was reported that an unknown suspect pried open an electrical box to a security light and destroyed the wiring. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Stolen landscaping equipment: At 3:33 p.m. June 9 in the 32900 block of 19th Place South, it was reported that a maintenance shed at an apartment complex was unlawfully entered and landscaping tools stolen.
• Hit and run: At 5:27 a.m. June 9 in the 2400 block of Southwest 328th Street, a victim heard a loud noise and found her vehicle, which was parked in the driveway, smashed. Tire marks leading away from the scene were followed by police. A suspect at the contacted residence admitted to the hit and run. A strong odor of alcohol could be detected on the suspect's breath.
• Dog attack: At 4:34 a.m. June 10 in the 2800 block of South 308th Lane, a victim was attacked by a dog while jogging. The victim was transported to Harborview Medical Center. The dog was detained.