- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Officer shoots aggressive dog | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Aggressive dogs: At 4:21 p.m. May 31 in the 1500 block of Southwest 320th Place, two dogs escaped and were aggressive toward neighbors. One dog bit a neighbor and tried to bite a child and a responding police officer. The officer shot the dog.
• Donations stolen: At 7:12 a.m. May 28 at 32521 Pacific Highway S., a manager at Goodwill noticed a donation bin had been broken into and items taken.
• Aggressive begging: At 4:17 p.m. May 29 at Interstate 5 and South 320th Street, a woman was arrested for aggressive begging when she was seen holding a cardboard sign. She had been arrested for the same offense two days prior.
• Theft: At 6:27 p.m. May 30 in the 100 block of South 330th Street, a victim reported the theft of a security camera outside his home.
• Stolen vehicle recovered: At 7 a.m. May 30 in the 31700 block of 50th Terrace Southwest, police located a reported stolen vehicle in a parking lot. Police approached the vehicle and saw two subjects inside. They were arrested and the vehicle was returned to its owner.
• Noise complaint: At 12:01 a.m. May 30 at 2002 SW Campus Drive, police responded to a noise complaint. The suspect was asked to leave the location, but refused to do so. The suspect then resisted arrest.
• Felony warrant arrest: At 7:27 p.m. May 31 in the 33600 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, police stopped a driver for speeding. A records check revealed the driver had an active felony warrant out of Oregon. The driver was arrested.
• Suspicious vehicle: At 8:44 a.m. May 31 in the 31700 block of 50th Terrace Southwest, police were checking out a suspicious vehicle at an apartment complex where several stolen vehicles had been recovered, when a man was found sleeping inside a vehicle. A records check revealed he had four Federal Way warrants and a felony warrant out of Tacoma.
• Fire: At 1:45 a.m. May 31 in the 34200 block of Pacific Highway South, officers observed a fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire. Meanwhile, a transient showed up on site claiming the structure that was ablaze was his. The man was uncooperative and was detained.
• Mail theft: At 3:58 p.m June 1 in the 500 block of South 302nd Street, a victim reported the theft of a check from his or her mailbox. The check was subsequently fraudulently used in Tukwila.
• Stun gun found: At 11:02 p.m. June 1 in the 1300 block of Southwest 325th Place, a juvenile and father reported finding a stun gun. The juvenile found the item while walking on a path near Silver Lake Elementary. The complainants led officers to where the stun gun was located.