Smoke alarm saves a life, fire department reports

From staff reports:

Just before 4 a.m. May 29, South King Fire and Rescue firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm in the 3200 block of 10th Avenue South in Federal Way. Earlier in the evening, the occupant put some food on the stove, then went to bed. The food caught fire and burned down to ashes inside the pan. The smoke filled the house and set off the smoke alarms. This awakened the occupant, who removed the pan and met firefighters as they arrived on scene. Firefighters placed fans inside the house to remove the smoke, then tested the air quality to make sure it was safe for the occupant to stay at his house, according to the department.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 28
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates