- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Robber demands cigarettes at gunpoint | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Strongarm robbery: At 3:32 a.m. May 21 at 104 S.W. 312th St., a victim reported that a suspect entered the store, pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded cigarettes. A K-9 search was conducted, but the suspect was not found.
• Thieves take wire: At 3:34 p.m. May 20 at 33914 19th Ave. S.W., police responded to Saghalie Middle School where five light poles were tampered with and their wiring removed.
• Stolen checks: At 10:42 a.m. May 20 in the 800 block of South 317th Street, a victim reported he suspects his brother of stealing his checks and medical card and attempting to fraudulently use the items.
• Counterfeit cash: At 8:49 a.m. May 20 at 2202 S. 320th St., a convenience store employee reported the business has unknowingly accepted $150 worth of counterfeit bills at various times by various employees. There are no leads.
• Residential burglary: At 6:11 p.m. May 21 in the 34000 block of 22nd Place Southwest, a residential burglary took place. Property valued at approximately $1,280 was taken. Roughly $200 worth of property was also stolen from an unlocked shed on location.
• Illegal discharge: At 4:56 p.m. May 21 in the 600 block of Southwest 321st Street, police responded to gunshots. A victim reported hearing several shots outside her home. She woke up to discover a bullet hole in the wall and ceiling of her bedroom. Four used casings were found outside on the street.
• Grocery thief: At 7:58 p.m. May 22 at 106 S.W. Campus Drive, a suspect was seen pushing a cart of groceries and liquor out of Winco without paying for the items, valued at $263.