Bloody clothing found in rented storage shed | Federal Way crime blotter
By KYRA LOW
Federal Way Mirror Reporter
May 17, 2010 · Updated 7:06 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Renters find bloody garments: At 1:33 p.m. May 8 in the 35400 block of 25th Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported to police that her renters contacted her about finding a bloody shirt in an unsecured storage shed. Police contacted the renters and inspected the shed, which had dried blood on the ground and walls. A pair of white women's underwear were also located in a box.
• Stolen lawn equipment: At 9:21 p.m. May 12 in the 28800 block of 22nd Avenue South, an unknown suspect entered an unlocked garage and stole a lawn mower and a weed eater.
• Malicious mischief: At 3:31 p.m. May 10 in the 32700 block of 35th Avenue Southwest, officers observed a suspect on the hood of a vehicle, punching the windshield. The suspect caused damage to the vehicle and was arrested.
• Domestic abuse: At 3:50 p.m. May 9 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, a suspect strangled a victim and picked her up and threw her to the ground, causing her to hit her head during an argument. The suspect threatened to kill the victim. The victim declined providing a written statement.
• Snatched purse: At 3:36 p.m. May 9 at 106 S.W. Campus Dr., a victim put her purse in her vehicle while she unloaded groceries. She left the purse there for 10 to 15 seconds while she returned her cart. When she came back to her vehicle, her purse was gone.
• Rape: At 1:34 a.m. May 8 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, a suspect grabbed a female and forced her into his vehicle, where he raped her. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail.
• Counterfeit cash: At 4:57 p.m. May 8 at 2002 S. Commons, an unknown person passed a counterfeit bill at a coffee shop. The suspect was not identified or located.
• Graffiti: At 4:46 p.m. May 8 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a victim reported finding graffiti on the rear of a building housing a business. The graffiti is possibly gang related.
• Unwanted touching: At 5:17 p.m. May 8 in the 2400 block of South Star Lake Road, a 9-year-old male reported being touched on the buttocks by a male neighbor. It could not be determined if the act was sexually motivated.
• Angry ex: At 10:20 p.m. May 8 in the 31600 block of 37th Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported her daughter's ex-boyfriend egged the family's residence and has been threatening toward the family.Contact Federal Way Mirror Reporter Kyra Low at email@example.com or (253) 925-5565.