Vehicle and bicyclist collide | Federal Way crime blotter
May 14, 2010 · Updated 1:42 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Vehicle/bicycle collision: At 6:13 p.m. May 6 near the 32000 block of 8th Avenue South, a motorist on South 320th Street struck a bicyclist traveling in the same direction. The cyclist was taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment of head injuries.
• Copper wire theft: At 2:28 p.m. April 19 at 1430 S. 330th Street, it was reported that an unknown amount of copper wire was stolen from a lamp post in a church parking lot. Repairs are estimated at $10,000.
• Swiped bonsai: At 11:36 a.m. May 3 in the 4700 block of Southwest 315th Place, a victim reported a 23-year-old bonsai tree was stolen. The tree is valued at $300.
• Aggressive begging: At 4:58 p.m. May 5 in the 2300 block of Southwest 336th Street, a suspect was arrested for aggressive begging when he was seen holding a sign to traffic.
• Forged prescription: At 1:22 p.m. May 5 at 33702 21st Ave. S.W., a suspect attempted to pass a forged prescription. The suspect left before police arrived.
• Stolen bike: At 3:35 p.m. April 29 in the 30900 block of 50th Place Southwest, a victim reported his or her bicycle stolen. The bike is valued at $1,800.
• Vacation on victim's buck: At 9:39 a.m. May 6 in the 1700 block of South 376th Street, a victim reported an unknown suspect attempted to purchase two cruise tickets online with the victim's bank account information.
• Home burglary: At 4:48 p.m. May 7 in the 35000 block of 14th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported a home burglary. Electronics and jewelry valued at $46,000 were stolen.
• Assault: At 5:08 p.m. May 7 at 32500 Pacific Highway South, a suspect assaulted a bus driver when the driver asked the suspect to leave the bus due to behavior.
• Missing packages: At 4:02 p.m. May 7 in the 34000 block of 19th Place Southwest, a victim reported an unknown suspect stole UPS packages from the victim's front porch.