Pit bull seized after attacking its owner | Federal Way crime blotter
May 3, 2010 · 7:48 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Dog attack: At 5:02 p.m. April 26 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, an owner was walking his/her pit bull on a leash when the dog saw another dog and began running toward it. The owner of the pit bull was then attacked by his/her animal. He/she suffered major bite wounds to the legs. The dog was seized and turned over to animal control.
• Home burglary: At 12:13 a.m. April 24 in the 4900 block of Southwest 319th Lane, a home burglary occurred. A television, two computers and an XBox were taken.
• Rated-R texts: At 5:50 p.m. April 25 at an undisclosed location on 35th Avenue Southwest, a mother reported discovering naked photos of a teenage boy sent via text message to a phone her daughter uses.
• Threatening calls: At 1:49 p.m. April 25 in the 32200 block of Military Road South, a victim reported receiving threatening calls from an unknown male. The suspect thinks the calls may be drug related, but said she’s been sober for a year.
• Student in possession: At 3:03 p.m. April 26 at Sacajawea Middle School, a student was found in possession of marijuana and a pipe while at school.
• Counterfeit: At 8:20 p.m. at 28851 Military Road South, a suspect passed a fake $50 bill at a pizza place. The suspect had a warrant for his/her arrest, was issued a new court date and released from custody.
• Emergency exit thief: At 3:07 p.m. April 27 at 1211 S. 320th St., an unknown suspect stole a generator from a retail store by exiting out the emergency exit and fleeing in a vehicle.
• Fraudulent account: At 12:53 p.m. April 27 in the 35600 block of 1st Avenue South, it was reported that a victim's sister used the victim's name and Social Security number to open an account with a cell phone carrier.
• Aggressive begging: At 8:30 p.m. April 28 in the 33700 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a suspect was seen requesting money from patrons of a business. The suspect admitted to aggressively begging and was arrested. The suspect then became violent toward officers and spat in two officers' faces.
• Assault: At 9:11 p.m. April 29 in the 32600 block of 20th Avenue Southwest, a suspect assaulted his step-dad by punching him multiple times and causing an abrasion to the man's neck. The suspect fled the scene, but was found in Seattle and booked.
• Home invasion: At 9:54 p.m. April 29 in the 1400 block of South 308th Street, an unknown suspect removed a window screen and entered a residence through a bedroom window. The suspect fled without taking anything.