- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Hotel guest arrested for prostitution | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Prostitution: At 10:15 p.m. April 14 in the 1600 block of South 348th Street, police responded to a report of possible prostitution at a hotel. The registered guest had an active warrant for prostitution. All occupants of the room were trespassed and the suspect booked into jail.
• Donuts in the park: At 9:24 a.m. April 11 at 5300 S.W. 324th Place, an unknown suspect did "donuts" in a park's grass, leaving tire marks.
• Uncooperative suspect: At 11:02 a.m. April 12 at 2201 S. Commons, a suspect attempted to steal from a retail store. The suspect then fled from police before being tasered. The suspect gave police a false name and possessed drug paraphernalia. When the suspect's true identity was discovered, police learned the suspect had an active warrant. The suspect was arrested.
• Stolen beer: At 10:42 p.m. April 13 in the 1600 block of Southwest 312th Street, an unknown suspect stole two cans of beer from a convenience store.
• Assault: At 3:32 p.m. April 13 in the 1800 block of Southwest 331st Place, a mother was arrested for assaulting her 15-year-old daughter, who claimed her mother punched her in the face. The younger woman had confirming injuries.
• Harassment: At 3:05 p.m. April 13 in the 2500 block of South 317th Street, a suspect violated four domestic violence no-contact orders by calling a victim approximately 31 times throughout the course of a day.
• Graffiti: At 1:14 p.m. April 13 in the 29600 block of 21st Place South, an unknown suspect drew graffiti on a vehicle with a permanent marker.
• Malicious act: At 9:44 a.m. April 13 in the 29600 block of 18th Avenue South, a victim reported someone broke the wiper arm on his or her windshield, scratched the tabs off the vehicle's license plate and poured maple syrup into the gas tank, causing significant and costly damages to the vehicle.
• DUI: At 5:44 p.m. April 14 in the 2300 block of Southwest 336th Street, a suspect hit a parked vehicle while driving. The suspect exhibited signs of intoxication and refused to take field sobriety tests. The suspect was booked into jail.
• Taxi driver stiffed: At 1:51 a.m. April 14 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, a taxi driver gave a suspect a ride from Seattle to Federal Way. The man then exited the cab without paying for the ride. The driver followed the suspect but lost track of him.