- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Suspect argues with wife, kills cat | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Suspect throws, kills cat: At 8:01 p.m. April 4 in the 100 block of South 330th Street, a male suspect picked up his wife’s cat and threw it against a closet, killing the animal. The act took place after an argument between the couple. When the suspect’s wife asked him to take the cat to the veterinarian, he threw the animal at her.
• Sibling abuse: At 3:26 p.m. April 4 in the 34400 block of 28th Place Southwest, police were dispatched to a domestic violence call. A victim reported she was punched in the face by her brother.
• Malicious mischief: At 12:14 p.m. April 4 in the 1600 block of South 370th Place, police were dispatched to a residence where unknown subjects egged and slashed the tires of three vehicles parked in a driveway. Discriminatory language and images were scratched on the side of one vehicle.
• Illegal possession of firearms: At 11:26 a.m. April 4 in the 200 block of Southwest 319th Lane, police were dispatched to a domestic violence call. They found two suspects. One of them was in possession of a stolen firearm and a second illegal firearm. The suspect was also in possession of marijuana.
• Minors in possession: At 1:43 p.m. April 5 at 1415 S.W. 314th Street, police responded to Lakota Middle School where two students were found in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. One suspect stated he or she bought the marijuana from the second suspect at school for $1. Both suspects were released to their parents.
• Captured felon: At 3:23 p.m. April 6 in the 31200 block of 28th Avenue South, police received a report of a possible felon walking northbound on 28th Avenue. Police located the suspect and confirmed his or her identity before transporting the suspect to juvenile detention center.
• Neighbors fight: At 9:09 p.m. April 7 in the 2500 block of South 286th Place, neighbors got in a dispute about the use of a cable internet modem. The suspect used a knife to cut the victim’s finger. The suspect is also accused of kicking the victim’s 2-year-old daughter.
• Stolen machinery: At 10:56 a.m. April 8 at 36201 Enchanted Parkway South, it was reported by Wild Waves security that someone stole two pressure washers from the theme park property.
• Lost loot: At 10:10 a.m. April 8 at 34520 16th Avenue South, a store employee found a cloth bag containing syringes and possible drugs. Police took possession of the items and tested the substance, which was revealed as methamphetamine.
• Motorist reports drunk driver: At 1:46 p.m. April 9 in the 32200 block of Military Road South, a complainant called police to report he or she was following a drunk driver. Police contacted the driver, who appeared extremely intoxicated. The person was arrested for DUI.