Victim chases purse snatcher | Federal Way crime blotter
April 6, 2010 · 4:39 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Purse snatching: At 6:11 p.m. March 28 in the 28800 block of Military Road South, an unknown suspect stole a victim's purse after ripping it from her arms. The victim gave chase and was assaulted in the face by the suspect.
• Armed robbery: At 7:30 p.m. March 29 in the 2400 block of Southwest 334th Place, a witness reported seeing males arguing in a parking lot. One man had a gun and yelled at another man to get on the ground. The suspect then made the victim empty his pockets before letting him leave.
• Fraud payment: At 3:24 p.m. March 29 at 33325 8th Ave. S., city staff reported that a suspect presented a fraudulent $8 check to pay for a day pass to the Federal Way Community Center.
• Harassment: At 4:54 p.m. March 29 at 33645 20th Ave. S., a suspect called a church to have someone pray with him. The church's policy is to have same-gendered individuals pray together. The caller hit zero to return to the female switchboard operator and began talking about his large genitalia.
• Ongoing disturbances: At 9:13 p.m. March 30 in the 28300 block of 15th Ave. S., two victims reported ongoing harassment from an unknown suspect. The female visits the victims' home late at night or early morning. She has thrown tennis balls at the home, peaked in windows, banged on doors, repeatedly honked her vehicle's horn and pulled a garden hose down the driveway.
• Heated argument: At 7:32 p.m. March 30 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, a suspect threw a 12 pound dumbbell at his wife or her wife following an argument about divorce.
• Gunpoint robbery: At 6:08 p.m. March 30 at 1701 S. Commons, a victim reported he was robbed at gunpoint in the mall parking lot. The suspect stole $100, the victim's identification and a denim jacket.
• Stolen generator: At 7:29 a.m. March 30 in the 5100 block of Southwest 311th Place, a victim reported someone stole his generator from outside his home.
• Punctured tires: At 9:04 a.m. April 1 in the 2000 block of South 327th Lane, a victim reported all four of her vehicle's tires were punctured.
• Missing wallet: At 3:16 p.m. April 1 in the 33700 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, it was reported that a victim set his or her wallet down near a pay phone at a grocery store and left it there. The wallet contained identification, savings bond for $1,000 and $80.