- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Burglars threaten to shoot victim | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Residential burglary: At 7:41 a.m. March 14 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a victim reported two suspects entered a residence. They burglarized the place while threatening to shoot the victim. The suspects took the victim's cell phone, wallet and vehicle.
• Internet porn caused fight: At 12:38 p.m. March 12 in the 1600 block of South 333rd Street, officers responded to a verbal fight between a couple. A woman was upset at her husband for viewing Internet porn. Both individuals were intoxicated.
• Commercial burglary: At 9:13 a.m. March 10 at 31840 Pacific Highway South, a victim reported her hair salon was broken into. The suspect stole an ATM with $2,800 in cash located inside.
• Hit and run: At 1:15 a.m. March 12 in the 2300 block of South 320th Street, a victim reported a hit and run. A driver refused to stop and exchange information after colliding with another vehicle. The suspect fled on foot and was contacted by police and arrested for a DUI.
• Assault: At 2:04 p.m. March 13 in the 33300 block of 18th Lane South, officers responded to a report of an order violation. The victim reported she and the suspect were in a verbal argument that turned physical when the suspect punched the victim in the stomach. The victim is pregnant with the suspect's second child.
• Struck with a vehicle: At 3:24 p.m. March 14 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a victim reported his wife struck him with a vehicle and then fled. The man had no visible injuries or complaints of pain.
• Stolen bike: At 4:39 p.m. March 6 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, an unknown suspect forced a lock and took a mountain bike from a garage.
• Suspect escapes with rent money: At 7:37 p.m. March 15 in the 33200 block of 26th Place Southwest, a victim gave a suspect $2,200 to rent another person's home. The owner of the home did not receive the money and the victim is unable to reach the suspect, who was trusted to relay the rent money.
• Warrant arrest: At 12:47 p.m. March 15 at 31610 Pacific Highway South, officers saw a person crouched behind a utility box, attempting to open the unit. Officers stopped and identified the suspect before arresting the suspect on an active Des Moines warrant.
• Desperate for snacks: At 11:59 a.m. March 15 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, police responded to a location where a suspect broke the glass of a vending machine and stole several items from inside.