- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Suspect tries to steal diapers, baby formula | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Attempted theft: At 3:06 p.m. March 9 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a male suspect attempted to steal $380 worth of goods from a grocery store. The items included diapers and baby formula.
• Rape: At 11:29 a.m March 8 at 30611 16th Ave. S., it was reported to police that a male juvenile was being forced to perform oral and anal sex with a 29-year-old Tukwila man. The victim was uncooperative and didn't want police or his mother to know about his ongoing interaction with the man.
• Missing model trains: At 10:04 a.m. March 8 at 31325 Pacific Highway South, a victim stopped to go to the bathroom. When he returned to his vehicle, he discovered a window broken and model trains valued at $12,000 stolen. The victim was on his way to Bellevue to sell the trains so he could pay medical bills.
• Found wallet: At 8:17 p.m. March 9 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a person found and turned over a wallet to police. Police attempted to contact the owner of the wallet in person and by phone. The owner's listed residence was vacant and the phone disconnected.
• Recovered vehicle: At 2:21 p.m. March 9 at 30611 16th Ave. S., police recovered a stolen 1999 Honda.
• Stolen vehicle: At 8:21 a.m. March 9 in the 1800 block of South 330th Street, an unknown suspect stole a 1990 Honda from an apartment complex parking area. There are no suspects or witnesses. The owner bought the car the previous night.
• Suspect requests arrest: At 9:16 p.m. March 10 in the 32600 block of 20th Avenue Southwest, a subject called police to report he was drunk, had an active warrant and wished to be arrested. The suspect's warrant was with the Department of Corrections. Police took him into custody.
• Threat: At 8:16 p.m. March 10 in the 400 block of Southwest 312th Street, a suspect brandished a knife and threatened to cut a victim's throat.
• Recovered purse: At 2:12 p.m. March 10 in the 5000 block of Southwest Dash Point Road, police received a report of a found purse. They arrived to recover the item and found it had been outside for a lengthy amount of time. A driver's license, credit card and keys were found inside.
• Stolen lawnmowers: At 3:53 p.m. March 11 at 30650 Pacific Highway South, a business owner learned an unknown suspect cut through a fence and stole two lawnmowers. A lock was cut to access the mowers.
• Suspect pees in retaliation: At 3:41 p.m. March 11 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was contacted by police in a public area for an outstanding warrant. Once the warrant was confirmed, the suspect urinated in his pants and then dropped his pants to his ankles, exposing himself. Police notified him he was violating city code. He found the incident "amusing."