Suspect sells fake plane tickets | Federal Way crime blotter
March 12, 2010 · Updated 1:49 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Invalid tickets: At 9:18 p.m. March 5 in the 2300 block of South 320th Street, officers responded to a phone report of a theft. The victim told police he or she met with an unknown seller to purchase discounted airline tickets. Once the transaction was complete, the victim realized the tickets were not valid.
• Disturbance: At 6:25 p.m. March 4 at 32320 23rd Ave. S., officers responded to an intoxicated male on a bus. The man had fallen, injuring himself. He was unable to stand or sit without assistance. He was taken to St. Francis Hospital for medical attention.
• Nurses aide suspended: At 4:27 p.m. March 4 at 135 S. 336th St., police responded to a sexual offense. An employee at a health care facility reported to police that a victim reported she was mistreated by a nurse’s aide working at the facility. The facility is conducting an investigation. The aide is on suspension pending the outcome of the investigation.
• Burglary: At 1:15 p.m. March 4 at 30818 Pacific Highway S., it was reported that a window at a place of business was broken. Suspects smashed a television and damaged a pool table and cue. Damage is estimated at $1,395.
• Fleeing the law: At 10:02 p.m. March 4 in the 33600 block of Pacific Highway South, officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop. The driver appeared to yield before taking off at a high rate of speed.
• Swiped purse: At 7:05 p.m. March 4 at 34520 16th Ave. S., a woman’s purse was stolen after she left it in a shopping cart while shopping. The purse contained a Social Security card, medical insurance card and identification.
• Missing person returned home: At 1:50 a.m. March 4 at 32905 19th Place S., police contacted a male seen on the side of the street. The juvenile told police his friend got mad at him and left him in Federal Way. He said he did not know where he was or how to get home. A records check revealed he was listed as a missing person out of Tukwila. Police returned the juvenile home to his mother.
• Disturbance in the yard: At 9:18 p.m. March 3 in the 30900 block of 18th Avenue South, a suspect’s car rolled out of his driveway and into a neighbor’s yard. The suspect then drove the car from the yard back to his home. He was arrested for a DUI.
• Residential burglary: At 8:27 a.m. March 3 at 103 S. 340th Street, an unknown person entered an apartment by an unknown means and stole a television and surround sound system. The loss is valued at $1,500.
• Graffiti: At 6:01 p.m. March 2 in the 31000 block of 10th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported graffiti painted on her garage door.
• Missing mailbox: At 10:24 a.m. Feb. 23 in the 4200 block of South 324th Place, an unknown person stole a mailbox. It is unclear what mail may have been in the box.