- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Weight loss inspires shoplifter's spree | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Weight loss prompts theft: At 5:29 p.m. March 2 at 1901 S. Commons, a suspect attempted to steal clothing from Macy’s. After the suspect was arrested, she claimed she tried to steal the items because she’s losing so much weight her own clothes no longer fit.
• Suspect displays gun: At 3:42 p.m. Feb. 28 in the 1700 block of South 305th Place, a suspect brandished a gun when she showed up at her boyfriend’s house and found another woman there.
• Assault: At 2:31 a.m. Feb. 27 at 2405 S. Star Lake Road, officers responded to a domestic abuse call. Witnesses reported seeing a male assault a female, causing her face to bleed. Upon arrival on the scene, officers were unable to locate the suspect or the victim.
• Shots fired: At 2 a.m. Feb. 28 in the 2100 block of SW 356th Street, police were dispatched to a call of shots fired. The subjects were contacted when police arrived on location. None had weapons. No shell casings, weapons or victims were found.
• Suspect flees: At 10:46 p.m. March 1 in the 34900 block of Pacific Highway South, police performed a traffic stop. A suspect hopped out of the vehicle and fled. When she was caught, it was discovered the suspect had active warrants for her arrest.
• Malicious mischief: At 9:27 p.m. March 1 at 2210 S. 320th St., a complainant reported that a building’s window was shot out with a BB gun.
• Recovered property: At 6:29 p.m. March 1 in the 33700 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported noticing property in the bed of his or her truck. The property did not belong to the subject or his or her family. Police checked the contents of the property and contacted the victims.
• Suspect turns self in: At 4:15 p.m. March 1 at 33325 8th Ave. S., a suspect came to the police station to turn him or herself in on an active warrant. The suspect was taken to jail.
• Student caught toking up: At 8:33 a.m. March 1 at 31455 28th Ave. S., a juvenile was caught by school security smoking marijuana in a high school bathroom.
• Missing child: At 7:21 p.m. March 2 in the 35200 block of 4th Place Southwest, a parent reported his or her child missing. The child was later found at a neighbor’s house.