- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bystanders tackle robbery suspect | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Public detains suspect: At 9:30 a.m. Feb. 16 at 32000 Pacific Highway South, it was reported that a suspect stole $1,177 from a retail store in the mall. The suspect ran out of the store and across South 320th Street, where the suspect was almost struck by a vehicle. The persons in the vehicle followed the suspect, then tackled and detained the person until police arrived.
• Stolen motorcycle: At 6:09 a.m. Feb. 15 in the 4900 block of Southwest 319th Lane, a motorcycle was stolen from its assigned stall at an apartment complex.
• Business robbery: At 7:14 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 32000 block of Military Road, a suspect entered the back office of a business and stole several thousand dollars in cash.
• Vehicle vandalism: At 12:02 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 1800 block of South 310th Street, a smashed windshield was reported. The complainant told police the vehicle had been vandalized seven times while parked at the location.
• School graffiti: At 4:20 p.m. Feb. 16 at 30619 16th Ave. S.W., three suspects were arrested for spray painting graffiti at Adelaide Elementary School.
• Counterfeit suspect arrested: At 11:55 a.m. Feb. 16 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, officers responded to a report of a person who passed a counterfeit $100 bill. The suspect was located at a nearby motel. The suspect was arrested for forgery and possession of marijuana.
• Business robbery: At 11:04 a.m. Feb. 14 at 32041 Pacific Highway South, police responded to a suspicious circumstance call at Radio Shack. Police found a victim with lacerations to the back of the head. The suspect tied up the victim and placed a bag over his or her head. The victim was then robbed of his or her cell phone and vehicle.
• Lost phone: At 10:28 p.m. Feb. 15 at 2201 S. Commons Road, a complainant called police to report her 12-year-old daughter lost her cell phone at the mall. When the complainant called the phone, a male answered and said he planned to keep the phone.
• Stabbing: At 10:28 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 34100 block of 37th Avenue Southwest, police were called to the scene of a stabbing. A victim was suffering from three knife wounds to the stomach. She told police her husband stabbed her and then fled on foot. He was later located and arrested.