- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mobile home catches fire following threat | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Fire: At 9:45 a.m. Jan. 22 in the 35700 block of Enchanted Parkway South, police and fire responded to a mobile home fire. The victim reported a suspect threatened to burn down his home prior to the incident.
• Bank fraud: At 4:24 p.m. Dec. 26 in the 31400 block of 8th Avenue South, an unknown subject used a victim's personal information and bank account to make deposits and then withdraw over $5,000. The crime was discovered Jan. 20.
• Deceased: At 1:15 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 29400 block of Pacific Highway South, a person reported another person unconscious and non-responsive. Medics pronounced the individual deceased.
• Unauthorized purchases: At 10:26 a.m. Dec. 17 in the 31400 block of 23rd Avenue South, a unknown person used a victim's credit card to make several unauthorized purchases.
• Robbed at gunpoint: At 10:05 p.m. Jan. 21 in the 1600 block of Southwest 304th Street, two victims were robbed at gunpoint. The crime was reported by the mom of one of the victims more than an hour later.
• Stolen jewelry: At 5:19 p.m. Jan. 21 in the 1300 block of Southwest 322nd Court, a victim reported his or her jewelry was stolen. The victim believes a juvenile family member living in the household took the jewelry and pawned it.
• Lewd conduct: At 2:35 p.m. Jan. 21 in the 31600 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was arrested after a witness saw him urinating in public.
• Felony arrest: At 9:43 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 2000 block of 20th Way South, police conducted a traffic stop. The driver was arrested for a felony warrant out of Oregon.
• Child assault: At 3:13 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 400 block of South 306th Street, a suspect was arrested for striking a child with a belt, causing bruising.
• Assault: At 1:39 a.m. Jan. 22 in the 2400 block of South 273rd Place, police responded to an incident in which a suspect struck a victim several times with a closed fist in the face, kicked and strangled her until she became unconscious.
• Dryer change: At 12:36 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 28600 block of Military Road South, it was reported that two coin-operated lock boxes for dryers were burned off and the money stolen.