Hospital reports child abuse | Federal Way crime blotter
January 25, 2010 · 6:56 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Suspected child abuse: At 9:02 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 1400 block of Southwest 312th Street, police were called to respond to Mary Bridge hospital to investigate possible child abuse. A child was brought to the hospital due to a seizure. Testing showed the child suffered from a head injury and possibly internal injuries.
• Shots fired: At 3:27 a.m. Jan. 18 in the 2400 block of South 315th Lane, officers responded to shots fired. The victim reported that an unknown male, armed with a gun, entered his or her apartment and demanded money. The resident fired one shot at the suspect. The suspect shot back twice before fleeing.
• Middle school threats: At 6:03 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a mother reported problems between her daughter and a middle school classmate. A classmate was threatening her daughter via Myspace and in person.
• Obscene texts: At 4:51 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 900 block of South 293rd Street, a victim received obscene text messages on her phone.
• Unsupervised child: At 10:25 a.m. Jan. 17 in the 1700 block of South 282nd Place, a child was found wandering alone in an apartment complex's parking lot.
• Rape, robbery: At 9:48 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 34900 block of 26th Court Southwest, a victim reported three unknown males entered her home without permission. Two of them sexually assaulted her. They then stole her property.
• Gun destruction: At 3:05 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 1200 block of South 293rd Place, a person came to City Hall with two antique guns. They did not appear to be working due to damage and rust. The person requested they be destroyed.
• Motorcycle antics: At 4:32 p.m. Jan. 19 in the 29500 block of Pacific Highway South, police observed two motorcycle riders driving recklessly. One was burning out the bike's tires. One did a wheelie. They were arrested.
• Pepper spray: At 3:39 a.m. Jan. 19 in the 31900 block of 3rd Lane Southwest, police responded to a location where a victim reported he was "pepper sprayed" by a suspect during an argument. The suspect was arrested for fourth-degree assault.