Unknown male solicits woman for sex | Federal Way crime blotter
January 18, 2010 · 1:22 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Male soliciting intercourse: At 3:21 p.m. Jan. 14 in the 28100 block of 18th Avenue South, a woman reported that an unknown male solicited her for sex. Police were unable to locate the man.
• Teens steal beer: At 4:35 p.m. Jan. 13 at 31515 20th Avenue South, two 14-year-old suspects were seen stealing beer. They were later detained by police and returned to their guardians.
• Deceased: At 4:27 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 100 block of South 331st Place, officers responded to an apartment to conduct a welfare check. A woman was found deceased. The woman's husband, whom she was separated from, requested police to check on her after he was unable to reach her after a few days. The case is an ongoing investigation.
• Spray-painted vehicle: At 2:21 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 28600 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported his or her vehicle was spray-painted with blue and black paint. The graffiti could be gang related. The vehicle is leased.
• Music complaints: At 1:34 a.m. Jan. 10 at 30333 Pacific Highway South, police were dispatched to a business to respond to a music complaint. The complaint was the second of its kind at the location in the same day. Police found 200- 400 people loitering in the parking lot. Outside agencies were called to help disperse the crowd.
• Stolen gun: At 9:33 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 800 block of Southwest 307th Street, a victim reported his gun and ammunition were stolen from a vehicle.
• Swiped mail: At 9:34 a.m. Jan. 13 in the 32500 block of 7th Place South, a victim reported his or her mail, containing checks, were stolen from a mailbox.
• Vehicle break-in: At 9:34 a.m. Jan. 14 in the 32400 block of 50th Place Southwest, a victim reported her purse was stolen from her vehicle overnight. The purse contained a Sea-Tac Airport port identification card and credit cards. The purse and all its contents were later recovered.
• Home burglary: At 9:19 p.m. Jan. 14 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, an unknown suspect entered an apartment and stole several electronics, including a television, gaming consoles and a laptop. The property is valued at $4,900.