Shots fired after fight at restaurant | Federal Way crime blotter
January 14, 2010 · Updated 6:54 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Shots fired: At 2:01 a.m. Jan. 9 at 30333 Pacific Highway South, police responded to a fight at a restaurant. On the way to the location, police were informed of shots fired there. Two vehicles were stopped after leaving the area at high rates of speed.
• Stolen mail: At 9:38 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 700 block of Southwest 358th Street, a victim's mail was stolen. The mail included checks to pay bills.
• Pry bar entry: At 2:13 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 2400 block of South 320th Street, an unknown suspect used a pry bar to gain access to a building.
• Found wallet: At 10:56 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 600 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a citizen found a wallet along the BPA trail. The owner could not be contacted.
• Cocaine scare: At 6:22 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 1600 block of Southwest 356th Street, a person called to request aid. He or she reported injecting a large amount of cocaine.
• DOL mistake: At 8 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 35900 block of Pacific Highway South, police ran the license plates of a vehicle. Records showed the plates belonged to another vehicle. The Department of Licensing was contacted and reported there was an error made in December when computers were having problems and the plates were on the correct vehicle.
• Racist writing: At 9:15 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 29800 block of 20th Avenue South, a victim discovered a racist word written in ink on the side of his or her residence. The vandalism took up approximately one square foot of space and was located on the front of the house.
• Witness sees break-in: At 9:15 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 33000 block of 17th Place South, a witness saw a man break a window and gain entry into an apartment.
• Robbery: At 8:08 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 2300 block of Southwest 339th Street, a victim reported a strong-arm robbery. The victim told police he or she knew the suspect for a short time and had met up with the person to smoke marijuana. The victim's phone was taken.
• Malicious act: At 6:19 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 2200 block of South Start Lake Road, a suspect threw a rock through a woman's sliding glass door.