- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Robbery at Key Bank | Federal Way crime blotter
Police responded to a bank robbery at 3:03 p.m. Dec. 7 at Key Bank, 1918 S.W. Campus Drive.
The suspect is described as a male in his 30s, measuring approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall. The man wore a gray hooded sweatshirt and bluejeans. He did not show or imply possession of a firearm, police spokesman Raymond Bunk said.
The man escaped with an undisclosed amount of money. A K-9 track took place, but was not successful. The case is still under investigation.
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Welfare check: At 8:20 a.m. Nov. 30 at 31621 23rd Ave. S., officers responded to the transit center to check on the welfare of an individual that was passed out there. The person was extremely intoxicated and a search revealed he or she was in possession of a knife. The subject had a warrant for his or her arrest and was taken into custody.
• Vehicle vandalism: At 4:38 p.m. Nov. 28 in the 4000 block of Southwest 321st Street, a victim reported that an unknown suspect keyed the entire side of his or her vehicle and broke out the vehicle's back window.
• Recovered cash: At 3:34 p.m. Nov. 29 at 2201 S. Commons, an unknown person lost a $100 bill in Target. Checks were performed in an attempt to locate the item's owner, but they were not successful.
• Thieves steal appliances: At 5:57 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 32600 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported his or her washer and dryer were stolen from a rented storage unit. The facility's management reported noticing a U-Haul in the area the previous day.
• Commercial burglary: At 7:47 a.m. Dec. 1 at 33320 Pacific Highway S., an unknown suspect broke the door of a business during the nighttime hours. The suspect stole $260 in cash from a register and five bottles of Korean liquor.
• Stolen Christmas decorations: At 11:14 a.m. Nov. 29 in the 32500 block of 26th Avenue South, a victim reported someone stole multiple Christmas decorations from his or her house and yard.
• Upset parent: At 9:53 p.m. Dec. 2 at 35999 16th Ave. S., officers responded to Todd Beamer High School, where an upset father was yelling in the street. The man was upset that his daughter was injured in a school basketball game.
• Police confiscate disability placard: At 2:23 p.m. Dec. 2 at 1901 S. Commons, police witnessed a single subject get into a vehicle parked in a handicap spot. The person then left in the vehicle. Police contacted the subject about the incident. The subject reported the placard displayed in the vehicle belonged to his or her father. Police took the item.
• Man begs for gas money: At 2:06 p.m. Dec. 2 at 1928 S. Commons, a subject was trespassed from the mall for a year for asking female customers in a parking lot for gas money. Police found the subject's vehicle had more than a half tank of gas.
• Blacked out: At 4:07 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 34100 block of Pacific Highway South, a person was found passed out in the grass by the street. Police responded and found the person disoriented and confused. He or she was taken into custody for evaluation.