- About Us
Stolen vehicle in a high-speed chase | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Caught red-handed: At 1:22 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 31400 block of 4th Avenue South, a suspect was seen driving a stolen vehicle. When police attempted to pull the suspect over, he or she fled at a high speed, eventually causing damage to the vehicle.
• Assaulted by elderly mom: At 6:34 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 33700 block of 31st Avenue Southwest, a victim contacted police to report his 72-year-old mother punched him in the face five times. The mom told police she backhanded her son after he spat in her face.
• Recovered bicycle: At 4:24 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 4100 block of Southwest 322nd Street, a man reported finding a bicycle in the woods.
• Banned from the mall: At 7:01 p.m. Nov. 10 at 2001 S. Commons, a suspect and a friend were banned from the mall for one year when the friend helped the suspect sneak into a movie without paying.
• Fire: At 1:47 p.m. Nov. 10 at 1415 S.W. 314th Street, a student was found starting a fire at school. The fire caused minimal damage. No charges were filed.
• DUI: At 7:11 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 34400 block of 12th Avenue Southwest, a complainant reported a suspicious vehicle. Police responded and discovered a suspect sleeping inside a running vehicle. The vehicle’s tire was blown out from a collision with the curb and a street sign.
• Domestic violence: At 12:06 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 35200 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a suspect kicked, punched and strangled a victim before taking her car, which was occupied by the victim’s child. The suspect parked the vehicle and left the child. Police located the vehicle and child an hour later.
• Pizza delivery hold-up: At 6:49 p.m. Nov. 11 at 1900 S.W. Campus Drive, a victim was robbed by two unknown suspects as he or she was walking back to the vehicle after delivering a pizza. The suspects punched the victim in the face and one brandished a handgun.
• Rock throwing: At 6:21 p.m Nov. 14 in the 1700 block of Southwest 312th Street, an unknown suspect threw a rock through the passenger window of a vehicle, striking the driver in the face and causing minor abrasions.