H1N1 vaccine stolen from refrigerator | Federal Way crime blotter
November 17, 2009 · 3:48 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Stolen vaccine: At 12:54 p.m. Nov. 4 in the 34500 block of 9th Avenue South, a victim reported that someone stole his or her H1N1 vaccine from a company refrigerator. The victim put the vaccine in a bag and labeled it with his or her name before placing it in the employee lunch refrigerator. The $125 vaccine was later found missing.
• Front-row parking: At 3:44 p.m. Nov. 6 at 1701 S. Commons, a handicap placard was stolen from a parked vehicle.
• Employee theft: At 11:36 a.m. Nov. 6 at 1842 S. Commons, it was reported that an employee was committing fraud. The employee was charging customers' credit cards for double the amount owed and pocketing the change for his or her personal use.
• Unexpected visitor: At 5:31 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 29900 block of 4th Avenue South, a homeowner reported that an unknown woman had parked her vehicle in his driveway. The vehicle was running and the woman appear intoxicated. Police responded and issued the driver a DUI.
• Shots fired: At 2:49 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 1400 block of South 308th Street, police responded to reports of shots fired. Two victims were contacted. They told police a suspect associated with a group of individuals shot at them. The group and two victims had been arguing.
• Caught getting a fix: At 9:22 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 31600 block of Pacific Highway South, police observed the occupant of a vehicle in possession of a needle used to administer illegal drugs. The needle was loaded with heroin. More heroin was found in the subject's possession.
• Suspicious person: At 4:14 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 33700 block of 28th Avenue Southwest, a witness reported a subject that appeared to be looking through bushes for an object. Police responded and found in the bushes a handgun associated with another crime.
• Lewd behavior: At 11:58 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 31600 block of 23rd Avenue South, a bus passenger reported that a male passenger was fondling himself. The man's caretaker reported the subject had a mental disorder.
• Puppy snatcher: At 7:07 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 3600 block of Southwest 328th Place, a victim reported that he suspected his neighbor of stealing one of his puppies from inside a fenced yard. The victim reported that his or her neighbor stole another dog in the past, but returned it when confronted by the victim.