- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bank robber makes off with $3,000 | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bank robbery: At 11:01 a.m. Oct. 31 at 32400 Pacific Highway S., a bank robber escaped with roughly $3,000. The suspect fled on foot and was not found.
• Pumpkin throwing: At 7:41 a.m. Oct. 30 in the 34800 block of 14th Place Southwest, it was reported that someone threw a pumpkin through the back window of a vehicle.
• Strip search: At 10:05 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 600 block of Campus Drive, a vehicle was stopped for a trip permit violation. Occupants consented to a search, which revealed three crack pipes and 6.58 grams of crack cocaine. One suspect was booked into King County Jail, where a strip search revealed crack cocaine hidden inside her genitals.
• Shots fired: At 8:25 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 28700 block of 15th Avenue South, officers responded to a shooting, where the victim said he heard two shots and then saw damage to his sink. Officers found four bullet casings and three bullet holes in the front of the house.
• Attempted theft: At 3:49 p.m. Nov. 1 at 35100 Enchanted Parkway South, a suspect concealed $101.35 worth of Costco merchandise in his or her clothing and attempted to leave without paying for the goods.
• Sitting idle: At 5:59 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 34700 block of Pacific Highway South, a person reported a vehicle stopped, but running in the middle of the street. A suspect was found asleep behind the wheel with his or her foot on the brake. A DUI was issued.
• Gunshots: At 12:15 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 2700 block of Southwest 342nd Street, police responded to a report of gunshots. Upon arrival, they saw several suspects fleeing the scene. A victim was found hiding in a nearby yard. He or she had followed the sound of the shots and was robbed by five suspects.
• Infant used in theft: At 5:16 p.m. Nov. 2 at 1901 S. Commons, a woman used her infant daughter to hide Macy's merchandise in a stroller. The woman attempted to steal the merchandise and repeatedly gave loss prevention officers a false name when she was caught. She was also found in possession of a forged Social Security card.