- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Subject says marijuana is mom's | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Marijuana belongs to mom: At 11:34 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Federal Way Crossings, a suspect was stopped for a traffic violation. Police found marijuana inside the vehicle. The driver said the substance belonged to his or her mother. This information was confirmed.
• Suspects shortchange cabbie: At 3:20 a.m. Oct. 30 in the 900 block of SW 312th St., a cab driver flagged down police and reported three males left the driver's cab after they attempted to pay for the services with a $50 bill that appeared to be counterfeit.
• Suspect throws temper tantrum: At 5:15 a.m. Oct. 30 at 31006 Pacific Highway S., a suspect attempted to steal two packs of cigarettes. The suspect became assaultive and threw cans of soda at the victim.
• DUI collision: At 5:27 p.m. Oct. 30 in the 28800 block of Military Road South, a suspect was arrested after an investigation revealed he or she drove into a parked vehicle and then, while attempting to flee the scene, drove his or her own vehicle into a storm ditch. The driver appeared intoxicated.
• Busted: At 7:57 p.m. Oct. 30 in the 31600 block of Pacific Highway South, police witnessed a suspect selling beer to a juvenile. The suspect was cited and released.
• Camera captures auto theft: At 9:18 a.m. Oct. 29 in the 1600 block of South 348th Street, video surveillance caught a thief stealing a parked car.
• Found weapon: At 3:06 p.m. Oct. 29 in the 28700 block of 28th Place South, a woman found an abandoned handgun while she was disposing of her trash. The gun was not reported stolen and police were unable to contact its registered owner. Police took custody of the weapon.
• Burglaries: At 12:10 p.m. Oct. 28 in the 27300 block of 24th Avenue South, police responded to a burglary. A flat screen television, laptops and a handgun were stolen. A similar incident took place at 3:24 p.m. in the 2400 block of South 273rd Street, where guns, televisions and laptops were also taken.
• Victim found wandering streets: At 10:25 p.m. Oct. 28 at an undisclosed location on 22nd Ave. Southwest, police found a victim wandering the streets of a neighborhood. He or she was suffering from multiple injuries that appeared as though they were from an assault. The victim was hospitalized.