- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mom reports runaway daughter has ties to Seattle gang shooting | Crime blotter
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Runaway has gang affiliation: At 6:44 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 2000 block of South 327th Lane, police responded to a report of a juvenile runaway. A mother told police her runaway daughter text messaged her the week prior to tell her she was involved in a gang shooting in Seattle.
• Abduction: At 6:09 p.m. Oct. 13 on Southwest Dash Point Road, a victim reported that two unknown males abducted her and took her to an unknown residence. They then brought her back to Federal Way.
• Theft: At 6:34 p.m. Oct. 13 at 1927 S. Commons, a woman stole two packages of Puma socks.
• Dog bite: At 4:09 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 2400 block of Southwest 330th Street, a victim stated he was bitten by a dog that appeared to be a pitbull. The dog escaped from the victim's friend's yard. The victim suffered only a minor scratch.
• Student is searched: At 9:31 a.m. Oct. 13 at 31455 28th Ave. S., school staff searched a juvenile on suspicion that he or she was under the influence of a controlled substance. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were found.
• Bank robbery: At 7:51 a.m. Oct. 13 at 33370 Pacific Highway South, a bank robbery involving a firearm was reported.
• Inappropriate touching: At 12:14 a.m. Oct. 13 at an undisclosed location on 28th Place South, a woman reported that she believed her boyfriend had touched her young son in a sexual manner. The case was forwarded to Child Protective Services.
• Graffiti: At 11:18 a.m. Oct. 12 in the 30000 block of 29th Avenue South, a victim reported that someone had spray painted graffiti on a series of mail boxes.
• Roommates argue: At 11:34 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 27300 block of 24th Avenue South, two roommates got into an argument after one threw a used condom on the other's bed. The argument escalated and the two began pushing each other. Both sustained injuries to their head. One was arrested.
• Internet pornography: At 6:10 p.m. Oct. 14 at an undisclosed location on South 336th Street, police responded to a report of Internet pornography. A complainant told police someone posted a pornographic video on the social networking site Facebook.