- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mom reports son assaulted by teacher | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• School assault: At 2:55 p.m. Oct. 2 at an undisclosed location on 19th Avenue Southwest, a woman reported her son was assaulted by a school teacher. School officials said they would investigate the assault. The mother and her son refused to give statements about the event to police.
• Theft of shoes: At 2:43 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 29400 block of 21st Avenue South, police were dispatched to a theft at an apartment complex. Six pairs of shoes were stolen from a doorstep. The victim stated a girl, who lives in the same complex, was seen at school with similar shoes.
• Missing client: At 5:38 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a mental health advising employee reported his or her client refused to take medication and had been missing for a week. The client has a history of mental illness.
• Suicide attempt: At 7:57 p.m. Oct. 2 in an undisclosed location on South 333rd Street, police were called to the scene of a suicide attempt. A man with a gun was located at a restaurant. He was taken to St. Francis hospital.
• Domestic abuse: At 4:29 a.m. Oct. 2 in the 33500 block of 13th Place South, an argument took place between a suspect and victim. The suspect punched the victim in the face four to five times, causing injury.
• Malicious mischief: At 3 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 30100 block of 2nd Place Southwest, an unknown suspect threw boulders onto the hood and quarter panel of the victim's vehicle while the victim stayed at her mother's home overnight. Approximately $5,000 in damages were caused by the boulders.
• Prescription drug abuse: At 2:20 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 1400 block of South 303rd Street, a husband and wife argued about the husband's abuse of prescription drugs. Police responded to the domestic dispute.
• Threats: At 10:13 a.m Oct. 2 at 27802 Pacific Highway South, a suspect entered an auto shop and made several threats to a victim.
• Shoplifting: At 2:07 p.m. Oct. 2 at 106 S.W. Campus Drive, a suspect was arrested for shoplifting.