Harassing driver waves fist, knife | Federal Way crime blotter
September 22, 2009 · Updated 11:09 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Harassing driver: At 11:51 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 1200 block of Dash Point Road, a victim reported she was followed by another motorist. The suspect was driving erratically and at one point waved his or her fist and a knife out the window.
• Pregnant woman assaulted: At 9:16 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a suspect assaulted his or her pregnant girlfriend by kicking the female in the stomach. The victim was a reported runaway and was released to her mother.
• False report: At 9:23 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 32700 block of 19th Place South, a suspect reported he was stabbed by his wife. Police later discovered the man filed a false report because he was upset over an earlier argument.
• DUI: At 10:17 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 34600 block of 1st Avenue South, a suspect was arrested for driving under the influence after a three-car collision took place. The suspect fled the scene.
• Reckless driver flees: At 1:19 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 31900 block of 3rd Place Southwest, police attempted to stop a motorist for reckless driving. The driver continued seven blocks before turning into an apartment complex and then fleeing.
• Domestic assault: At 10:14 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 30300 block of 1st Court South, a suspect was arrested for assault in the fourth degree after the suspect struck his or her girlfriend with a closed fist.
• Personal papers found: At 5:38 a.m. Sept. 15 in the 1600 block of South 347th Place, it was reported that a bag containing the personal paperwork of 23 individuals was found by a fast food dumpster. Passports, job applications and bank records were included.
• Vandalized vehicle: At 6:01 Sept. 15 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, a victim found his or her vehicle vandalized. The bumper was ripped off and the headlights were hanging from their sockets.
• Stolen mail: At 5:58 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 34800 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported that his or her mailbox was broken into. It appears a crowbar was used.
• Child abuse: At 2:23 p.m. Sept. 16 at an undisclosed location on 21st Avenue Southwest, a school nurse contacted police to report possible child abuse. The accused suspect and the victim were contacted. Police did not find enough information to file charges.