Burglars steal firearms and ammo | Federal Way crime blotter
September 1, 2009 · Updated 4:29 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Burglars steal firearms: At 8:23 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 5100 block of Southwest 316th Place, a victim reported a residential burglary. Two assault rifles, one pistol and 60 rounds of ammunition were stolen.
• Possible child abuse: At 8:13 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 29400 block of 21st Avenue South, police responded to a call of possible child abuse. Witnesses reported a mother slapped or punched her daughter and choked her. Other witnesses said the mom was disciplining the girl for taking a vehicle. The victim had no visible signs of injury and declined to provide a statement.
• Walker shot with toy gun: At 8:32 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 37100 block of 17th Avenue South, a man was approached by a vehicle with tinted windows. The driver and a passenger produced what looked like toy guns with orange tips. One of the suspects shot the victim in the chest with what is thought to have been a BB pellet.
• Desperate for air conditioning: At 12:39 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect stole an air conditioner from a victim's bedroom window.
• Juvenile asks for foster family: At 6:24 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 28800 block of Military Road South, a teenager called 911 and requested to be placed in foster care. Sounds of a struggle were heard. The mother told police she was trying to keep the juvenile from running away.
• Disorderly person: At 3:41 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 700 block of South 320th Street, police responded to a report of a disorderly person. The man admitted to arguing with a bus driver and was arrested on an active Lakewood theft warrant.
• IRS troubles: At 11:25 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 1900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim received a letter from the IRS. It said the victim owed $2,241 in 2007 taxes. The victim reported never having worked for the listed company.
• Attempted armed robbery: At 8:31 a.m. Aug. 27 at 2035 S.W. Campus Dr., police responded to an attempted armed robbery. A suspect approached a victim and demanded money. The suspect fled when the victim screamed.
• Sober living roommates argue: At 7:46 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 1200 block of Southwest 308th Street, two roommates argued. One said the disagreement was over the other's continual use of alcohol in the sober house. The other roommate said the disagreement was over the first resident's loud music.
• Juvenile run-away: At 7:16 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 2030 block of South 327th Lane, a complainant reported his or her 13-year-old daughter ran away from home but was keeping in contact via text messaging.
• Cough medicine high: At 2:15 p.m. Aug. 28 at 2201 South Commons, two suspects attempted to steal a package of cold medicine. They admitted to their attempt, said they were going to use the medicine to get high and claimed affiliation with a gang.
• Injured dog: At 10:36 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 33000 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, police responded to a call of an injured dog. A rake was stuck through a German Shepherd's paw. King County Animal Care and Control also responded.
• DUI collision: At 5:39 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 33000 block of 20th Avenue South, a suspect collided with a stationary road barrier. Police issued a field sobriety test and the driver was arrested for DUI.