- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bomb scare vacates King County Aquatic Center | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bomb scare: At 11:54 a.m. Aug. 14 at 650 S.W. Campus Drive, a caller left a message on the pay phone that a bomb was located in the upstairs restroom. The center was evacuated.
• Rape: At 2:02 a.m. Aug. 12 in the 34000 block of 1st Circle South, a woman reported she was raped by a known suspect.
• Theft: At 1:39 p.m., Aug. 13 at 1901 S. Commons, two suspects stole $199.99 worth of merchandise from Macy's and fled in a stolen vehicle.
• Assault: At 8:17 p.m. in the 3900 block of Southwest 335th Place, a father reported that his son was assaulted for an unknown reason by a possible schoolmate.
• Submitted for destruction: At 12:05 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 2700 block of Southwest 343rd Place, a person turned in his 22-caliber rifle for destruction. The weapon had been in storage for years and the man no longer wanted it. The weapon cleared the National Crime Information Center and Washington Crime Information Center checks.
• Punctured tires: At 11:20 a.m. Aug. 13 in the 33300 block of 40th Avenue Southwest, a victim's vehicle suffered four punctured tires. The damage was estimated at $700.
• Vehicle prowler: At 7:34 a.m. Aug. 15 at 106 S.W. Campus Drive, a suspect was witnessed attempting to break into six vehicles. He or she was arrested and booked into jail.
• Domestic violence: At 5:14 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 1200 block of Southwest 353rd Street, a husband became upset at something his wife said. The suspect punched the woman repeatedly in the face and chest while in the presence of the couple's daughter.
• Alarming activity: At 9:14 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 1100 block of Southwest 312th Street, a child was followed to a known person's home. The suspect remained outside the home for 45 minutes. He or she then followed the children back to their home. No contact was attempted.
• Red light violation: At 3:30 a.m. Aug. 16 at South 312th Street and Pacific Highway South, a driver was pulled over for running a red light. He or she showed signs of intoxication.
• Egged: At 7:04 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 33300 block of 35th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported someone threw eggs at his or her vehicle and doorstep. The vehicle was dented. A similar incident occurred two months prior.