- About Us
Marijuana plant found on shed after neighbors move out | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Peculiar plant: At 8:17 a.m. Aug. 5 in the 700 block of Southwest Dash Point Road, a complainant reported finding a marijuana plant on his or her shed after the neighbors moved out. The tenant at the nearby residence denied knowing anything about the plant.
• Offensive graffiti: At 10:24 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 30600 block of 7th Avenue Southwest, a woman reported someone painted swastikas and other symbols on the street in front of her home. The woman's van was vandalized.
• Missing person: At 9:45 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 35000 block of 19th Avenue Southwest, a woman reported her fiance missing. The man left eight days prior on his birthday and had not been heard from since. The woman told police when she called his phone, an unknown male answered and said her fiance was not there.
• Harassment: At 5:14 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 31000 block of 48th Avenue Southwest, a woman reported she was being harassed via text message, e-mail and Facebook.com due to an interpreted slight during the planning of a class reunion.
• Grow house discovered: At 10:50 a.m. Aug. 6 at an undisclosed location in Federal Way, police found a marijuana grow house while investigating a suspicious circumstance.
• Child molestation: At 9:29 p.m. Aug. 8 at an undisclosed location on 23rd Place South, a woman reported a known suspect molested her 4-year-old and 10-year-old daughters.
• Angry ex: At 8:53 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 32700 block of 40th Avenue Southwest, it was reported that overnight a teen's ex-boyfriend smashed the teen's mailbox with a bat. He later returned and removed the mailbox, leaving it in the street a few blocks from the residence. The incident was caught on video tape.
• Assault and theft: At 10:34 p.m. Aug. 10 at 700 S. 320th St., a victim reported four suspects assaulted him and took his wallet and iPod.
• Cash gone missing: At 10:26 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 32400 block of 8th Avenue Southwest, a man reported he was missing $7,000 from his vehicle's glove box.
• Man found unconscious: At 1:05 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a victim was found unconscious with injuries above his left eye. The victim did not know what happened to him, but thought he may have been hit and his wallet stolen.
• Garbage can fire: At 11:35 a.m. Aug. 11 at 2300 S.W. 336th St., a juvenile started a fire in a bathroom garbage. There is video of the incident.
• Suspicious circumstance: At 4:01 p.m. Aug. 12 at 27600 Pacific Highway S., witnesses reported seeing several females flee from a gold four-door Buick-type vehicle. The women looked panicked. A male driver attempted to grab and then follow the females. Police were unable to located the women or the driver.