Two hurt in head-on DUI collision | Federal Way crime blotter
August 13, 2009 · 7:32 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• DUI accident: At 8:23 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 2300 block of South 324th Street, a suspect was driving under the influence of alcohol when he or she lost control and struck another vehicle head-on, causing injuries to two victims.
• Suspect pulls pistol on police: At 7:18 p.m. Aug. 3 at 1928 S. Commons, a suspect fled from police after being contacted for trespassing. He or she brandished a pistol and pointed at police during the incident.
• Underage drinking: At 5:27 p.m. Aug. 3 at 30800 8th Ave. S.W., police responded to Lake Grove Park in response to possible drug activity. Two underage females were found consuming alcohol. One was given a citation.
• Harassment: At 9:34 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 33600 block of 9th Avenue South, a woman reported noticing a vehicle drive by, honk and attempt to contact her several times over the past month while she was walking to work.
• Unwanted lawn decoration: At 3:52 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 800 block of South 310th Court, an unknown suspect walked on and wrote offensive language into new hydroseed at a victim's residence.
• Excessive speed: At 10:03 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 33700 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a suspect was stopped for traveling 63 mph in a 35 mph zone. The driver had an active warrant and was arrested.
• Upset patron: At 9:16 p.m. Aug. 4 at 1928 South Commons, officers responded to a malicious mischief call at the mall. A female smashed a jewelry store's glass display case with a garbage can.
• Found property: At 4:31 p.m. Aug. 4 at 33325 8th Ave. S., police received, via mail, a wallet. The sender left a note saying he or she attempted to send the wallet to the address listed on the enclosed driver's license, but the wallet was returned. The owner is a transient. Police booked the wallet for safekeeping.
• Shot vehicle: At 12:17 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 30700 block of 12th Place Southwest, a victim reported an unknown suspect drove by and shot at the victim's parked vehicle. An area search located a second victim.
• Craigslist transaction gone bad: At 12:46 p.m Aug. 5 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim attempted to cash a check from a Criagslist transaction. The account was flagged for fraud and the check did not clear.