- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Children watch father abuse mother | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Children witness abuse: At 8:31 a.m. in the 2400 block of South 315th Lane, police responded to a domestic violence call. The female victim said the male suspect slapped, choked and threatened to kill her in front of their children. The suspect was gone upon police arrival.
• Woman assaults her ex: At 2:33 a.m. July 29 in the 32900 block of 19th Place South, police were dispatched to a domestic violence call. A male reported that his ex-girlfriend assaulted him, causing pain to the back. The woman was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• Mother/son argument: At 9:43 a.m. July 29 in the 30500 block of 12th Place Southwest, police responded to a verbal argument between a woman and her son. The fight was over cigarettes. The son was disrespectful to his mother and police.
• Gotta have beer: At 1:41 July 29 at 2200 S. 320th St., two suspects were arrested for shoplifting beer.
• Stolen beverages: At 4:50 p.m. July 29 in the 1700 block of South 305th Street, neighbors reported hearing a man and woman yelling. Police contacted the source of the noise. A woman was angry at her brother for stealing her beer and wished for him to leave her residence.
• Blame the heat: At 5:38 p.m. July 29 in the 400 block of South 325th Place, police responded to a verbal domestic violence call. The parties said stress and the heat caused them to argue.
• Animal concerns: At 10:24 a.m. July 28 at 1901 S. Commons, a person called police to report a dog inside a parked vehicle. The complainant was concerned about the dog's health in the 76-degree weather. Police responded and the owner of the dog came out of the store to take care of the dog. It was not injured.