- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Craigslist scammer strikes in Federal Way | Crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Craigslist scammer: At 1:07 p.m. July 18 in the 31800 block of 49th Terrace Southwest, two people invited a third person, whom they met on Craigslist, to their home. The suspect went to the bathroom and then left the home from the room with jewelry and electronics.
• BB gun violence: At 10:33 p.m. July 19 in the 2200 block of South 284th Street, a suspect shot two of his brothers with a BB gun, causing minor injuries.
• Stolen tires: At 12:06 p.m. July 17 in the 27800 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported tires were stolen from his or her vehicle.
• Stolen client documents: At 10:57 a.m. July 17 in the 29900 block of 26th Avenue South, a victim reported a door window in her home was broken and suspects stole client files from the residence.
• Pawned heirlooms: At 11:26 a.m. July 18 in the 700 block of South 313th Street, a man reported his daughter stole three rings from a safe in his home. The jewelry was valued at $12,000 and was sold to pawn shops. The rings were given to the man by his mother. The pawn shops melted them down.
• Domestic violence: At 1:34 p.m. July 20 in the 32400 block of Pacific Highway South, a man struck and choked his wife in the presence of children. The incident occurred after the two argued about the wife taking too many toys in a baby bag to the cinemas.
• No contact violation: At 11:41 a.m. July 20 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a man stated his ex-girlfriend came to his apartment and hit him in the mouth. The man has a no contact order against the woman. The incident took place in front of children.
• Armed robbery: At 1:34 a.m. July 21 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a suspect with a knife approached a victim and demanded all of his or her cash. The suspect fled with $60.
• Group assault: At 11:17 p.m. July in the 32600 block of 47th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported he or she was assaulted by 10-15 people while walking near an elementary school. The victim suffered injuries to his or her lip and head and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
• Fired rounds: At 11:29 p.m. July 23 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, an unknown suspect fired two rounds from a driver's side window of a vehicle. The vehicle was later stopped and a gun was found on the floorboard.