- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Vacant building becomes skating hangout | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Vacant building draws troublemakers: At 9:57 a.m. July 10 at 33612 21st Ave. S.W., it was discovered that a few groups had broken into the vacant Albertson's building. An elaborate skateboarding ramp system was found. Gang graffiti was also found.
• Evening walk ends in hospital: At 10:11 p.m. July 8 at 2100 S.W. 320th St., a couple was on an evening walk when the woman began hyperventilating and fell unconscious. She reported no previous discomfort. Bystanders called 911.
• Employee theft: At 1:47 p.m. July 7 at 33207 Pacific Highway S., police responded to a call about theft at Pacific Coast Ford. The reporting person told police a former employee purchased auto parts through the employer, then sold the parts for cash.
• Stolen firearm: At 3:02 p.m. July 8 in the 2800 block of South 285th Place, a victim reported a handgun was stolen from his or her nightstand. The victim believed people who were looking at the home to possibly purchase it may have taken the item.
• Swiped mail: At 12:19 p.m. July 9 in the 2600 block of Southwest 335th Court, a victim reported a check, made out to the victim, was stolen from her mailbox.
• Park vandalism: At 7:31 a.m. July 9 at 1054 S.W. 325th Place, several items were discovered spray-painted. A personal trailer, commercial trailer and tractor were targeted.
• Soup theft: At 9:08 p.m. July 10 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a suspect was arrested for attempting to steal three cans of soup, valued at $8.97.
• Missing prescription drugs: At 10:13 a.m. July 10 in the 29200 block of Military Road, a victim reported a suspect stole 60-90 tablets of oxycontin, 60-90 morphine pills and $100-$200 worth of food items.