- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Vandalism features racial slurs | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Obscene vandalism: At 2:56 p.m. June 27 in the 31900 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, it was reported that unknown suspects spray-painted racial slurs and images of male genitalia on a vehicle.
• Stolen valuables: At 2:45 p.m. June 27 in the 32800 block of 1st Avenue South, a person's cell phone, wallet, Social Security number and green card were stolen from a locker.
• Quick money: At 12:24 p.m. June 27 in the 33400 block of 23rd Avenue Southwest, a party guest stole 30 DVDs from the host. The guest admitted to stealing the items and pawning them.
• Thief rides away: At 5:52 p.m. June 28 at 28817 Military Road, a victim left his bicycle parked outside Walgreens. When the victim came out of the store, the bike was gone. Another customer told the victim a man who appeared to be in his early 20s snatched the bike and rode it toward South 288th Street.
• Disgruntled ex-boyfriend: At 9:08 a.m. June 27 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, it was reported that a victim's ex-boyfriend came to see her at her apartment. The man tried to force his way past the woman's roommate and into the residence. When he was unable to get in, the suspect left. The roommate heard a loud noise outside soon after and discovered his or her vehicle's windshield broken with a rock.
• Gone in a moment: At 12:35 p.m. June 22 in the 100 block of Southwest Campus Drive, it was reported that a victim laid his or her cell phone on a counter and turned away briefly. The phone was gone when the victim turned back around. It was valued at $500.
• Warrant served: At 10:13 p.m. June 27 at 1900 S. 314th St., a suspect was arrested on a warrant. Police first contacted the subject in Steel Lake Park after hours. They again saw him at Wal-Mart, where he was arrested for having an active car prowl warrant.
• Hit and run: At 10:52 p.m. June 27 in the 27600 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect tried to flee from the scene of a vehicle collision. Police arrested the suspect for DUI and hit and run.