Suspects steal $1,000 worth| Federal Way crime blotter
July 2, 2009 · 3:47 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Copper theft: At 10:09 a.m. June 24 at 35020 Enchanted Parkway South, it was reported that unknown suspects unlawfully entered a location and stole approximately $1,000 worth of copper wire and bathroom fixtures.
• Armed robbery: At 9:14 p.m. June 25 in the 3200 block of Southwest 323rd Street, two suspects brandishing a handgun approached a victim and stole his or her cell phone.
• Domestic abuse: At 9:13 p.m. June 26 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, officers responded to a report of a female who was hit by a male while sitting in the back seat of a vehicle. The male and another suspect were detained for possession of firearms. Another female was found to have what appeared to be illegal drugs in her possession.
• Missing symbols of love: At 11:56 a.m. June 26 in the 34000 block of Hoyt Road, it was reported that a woman’s engagement and wedding ring, valued at $8,000, went missing when they were mistakenly left at a salon.
• Armed robbery: At 5:16 p.m. June 25 in the 35100 block of Enchanted Parkway South, officers were dispatched to a robbery involving a knife. A female victim was approached by a female suspect upon exiting her vehicle. The suspect shoved a knife into the victim’s side and stole $1,200 from her. It is unclear which end of the weapon was used in the robbery or if the victim was injured.
• Drug deal gone bad: At 1:39 p.m. June 27 in the 33300 block of 29th Place Southwest, a victim reported his or her backpack was forcefully stolen by three suspects. The bag contained money and marijuana. The victim planned to sell the drugs to the suspects who stole the backpack.
• Vehicle fire: At 12:29 a.m. June 28 at Southwest 306th Street and Southwest Dash Point Road, officers responded to a single-vehicle accident. When they arrived on scene, the vehicle was engulfed in flames. The driver was not inside the vehicle. He or she showed signs of obvious intoxication.
• Uncooperative victim: At 1:05 p.m. June 21 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, a victim reported her bicycle stolen. When police spoke to her about the investigation she became upset, walked away and refused to provide any further information about the missing item.