- About Us
Domestic violence victim escapes suspect | Crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Domestic violence: At 2 p.m. June 20 in the 32900 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect and victim got into an argument. The suspect strangled the victim to near unconsciousness. The victim then stabbed the suspect with a screwdriver and escaped.
• Rape: On June 20, a man called police to report he was raped in Federal Way a week prior. The victim did not know the suspect or location where the offense took place and refused to press charges.
• Shopping cart collision: At 5:29 p.m. June 19 at 35100 Enchanted Parkway S., a person pushing a shopping cart collided with a truck. The momentum from the moving cart caused the person to fall and hit his or her head.
• Illegal dumping: At 6:44 a.m. June 19 in the 35100 block of Pacific Highway South, an officer responded to an illegal dumping call. Multiple slabs of concrete and wood were dumped on vacant property overnight. The incident has happened at the same location before in the past.
• Sex offense: At 10:37 p.m. June 20 in an undisclosed location on Southwest 334th Place, a juvenile victim told police a suspect approached her and initiated her in conversation, then pulled down her pants and underwear. The suspect then exposed him or herself to the victim.
• Fraudulent transaction: At 2:16 p.m. June 20 at 34415 16th Ave. S., a suspect attempted to use stolen credit cards to purchase $1,052.35 worth of tires. The suspect was denied the purchase and left with the credit cards.
• Displaying a weapon: At 1:09 p.m. June 20 in the 29200 block of 20th Way South, officers responded to a call about the weapon. A person reported a subject in a passing vehicle flashed a weapon. The subject could not be identified.
• Running from the law: At 1:42 a.m. June 20 in the 28800 block of Pacific Highway South, officers spotted a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed without headlights on. Police attempted to pull the driver over, but he or she would not stop. When the driver did finally stop abruptly, he or she fled the vehicle on foot. A K-9 track had negative results. The vehicle was rented.