- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Robbery at Dumas Bay Park | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Park robbery: At 2:59 a.m. June 8 at 30844 44th Ave. S.W., victims reported they were robbed at Dumas Bay Park. The suspect displayed a handgun and took the victims' cash, wallets and cell phones before fleeing on foot.
• Upset transit rider: At 3:52 a.m. June 13 at 31621 23rd Ave. S., a suspect punched a victim in the eye after the victim told the suspect he could not ride the bus for free.
• Suspicious vehicle: At 2:30 a.m. June 8 at 1500 S.W. 360th St., an officer observed a vehicle stopped at a park after hours. Two people were spotted talking. One was a 14-year-old and his or her father was called. The dad reported the subject left home without permission.
• Fight: At 12:49 a.m. June 8 in the 1800 block of Southwest 324th Street, a complainant called to report he saw a young male hitting a young female while fighting in the street. The male was hitting the female with a belt and the woman was calling for help.
• Stolen cruise ship: At 10:39 a.m. June 1 at 32901 1st Ave. S., it was reported that a 28-foot inflatable Carnival cruise ship was stolen from a storage area outside a business. The ship was kept in a box and locked up.
• Swiped bank access badge: At 9:10 a.m. June 8 in the 32800 block of 1st Avenue South, a purse, company Blackberry cell phone, credit cards, checkbook, cash and Bank of America building access badge was stolen from a vehicle.
• Handgun: At 4:38 p.m. June 3 in the 4100 block of Southwest 314th Street, a gardener found an old, rusted handgun in the ground. Police took custody of the weapon, which was so rusted its cylinder hammer and trigger would not release and a serial number could not be located.
• Malicious mischief: At 2:15 p.m. June 11 in the 33900 block of 19th Avenue Southwest, juveniles were caught burning a shopping cart valued at $400.
• Possible abductions: At 6:30 a.m. June 11 in the 36000 block of 24th Court South, a complainant called the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children after observing four male children enter a suspicious-looking home. The complainant did not see the children leave the home and feared they may have been abducted.
• Strong-arm robbery: At 11:52 p.m. June 12 at 104 S.W. 312th St., a strong-arm robbery took place at a convenience store. A victim was attacked by three males, who took $40 from the victim.