Bomb scare at City Hall | Federal Way crime blotter
June 12, 2009 · 11:56 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Bomb scare: At 9:56 a.m. June 5 at 33325 8th Ave. S., there was a bomb scare at City Hall.
• Suspicious person: At 1:08 p.m. June 4 at 1300 S.W. 325th Place, police observed a suspect parked in a vehicle. An officer stopped to talk to the man and he told the officer his child went to a nearby school and he was having lunch with the child, who was playing in a nearby park. The suspect had a confirmed felony warrant out of Cowlitz County and was arrested.
• Intent to distribute: At 2:29 p.m. June 5 in the 1100 block of South Dash Point Road, a juvenile found a bag of marijuana and brought it to school. He then planned to give it to two other subjects to sell.
• Fallen elderly man: At 1:30 p.m. June 5 in the 32600 block of 7th Place South, police were contacted when someone observed an elderly man fall from a porch.
• Stolen purse: At 10:50 a.m. June 5 at 106 S.W. Campus Drive, a woman's purse was stolen from her shopping cart. The incident was caught on video.
• Forged prescription: At 8:17 a.m. June 5 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect attempted to fill a forged prescription. The suspect may be associated with two similar forgery calls.
• Violent motorist: At 1:20 p.m. June 4 at 27600 55th Ave. S., police witnessed a passenger strike a driver several times in the head while driving.
• Fake purchase order: At 11:02 a.m. June 4 at 35100 Pacific Highway South, a business refused to pay a bill after a suspect entered a store in May and rented a backpack blower for $375 using a business card and purchase order number.