- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Suspect embezzles $70,000 from business | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Embezzlement: At 4:11 p.m. May 4 at 35425 Enchanted Parkway South, a suspect was taken into custody for allegedly embezzling $70,000 from a home improvement store over an eight-month time frame.
• Domestic assault: At 11:34 p.m. May 3 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim was assaulted with a chair and broom handle by his brother. The assault happened in the victim’s home.
• Mysterious firearm: At 9:34 p.m. May 3 in the 33600 block of 26th Court Southwest, a man called police to report that while cleaning his garage he found a rifle inside the wall. He did not know who the gun belonged to. It was booked as found property.
• Juvenile fight: At 3:54 p.m. May 3 in the 30900 block of 17th Avenue Southwest, police responded to a call about a fight. A man told police his 15-year-old son got in a fist fight with a person whom he knew from a shooting incident in Burien a few months prior, in which the teen suffered a single gunshot wound. The third party was contacted nearby but refused medical help for the injuries suffered during the fight.
• Dog bite: At 6:13 p.m. May 3 in the 1600 block of Southwest 324th Place, a 7-year-old child was bitten by a dog. The child told police he or she was trying to pet the dog, which was unleashed in its owner’s driveway. The child suffered minor abrasions.
• Mom suspects drugs: At 1:40 p.m. May 3 in the 30000 block of 2nd Place Southwest, a woman called police to report she found three plastic baggies full of a white, powdery substance in her son’s room. She believed the substance was cocaine and wished for police to confiscate the material.
• Domestic violence: At 6:39 p.m. May 4 in the 2000 block of South 302nd Place, police responded to a domestic violence call. A husband and wife were in an argument over a security alarm when the man grabbed his wife and pushed her to the bed, slapped her on the face and then allegedly placed his hand around her neck and obstructed her breathing. The suspect then attempted to push the woman down the stairs. The crime took place in front of a child.
• Disturbing text message: At 1:54 p.m. May 3 in the 33400 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, a victim called police to report her estranged husband texted her that he was going to kill her, their son and himself.
• Strong-arm robbery: At 12:27 a.m. May 4 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a victim reported he answered the door and two subjects, wearing bandanas over their faces, forced entry. They put a gun to his head and took a laptop, $150 in cash and four rings from the victim’s fingers.