- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Serial burglars hit Twin Lakes home | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Serial burglars: At 10:27 a.m. April 13 in the 2800 block of Southwest 341st Court, unknown suspects forced a resident's front door open and stole a television and jewelry. The suspects' descriptions match those of serial burglars targeting Northeast Tacoma and Southwest Federal Way.
• Two wives: At 4:17 a.m. April 13 in the 2100 block of Southwest 317th Place, a woman told police she and her husband were in a verbal argument over her husband saying he wishes to return to Korea to be with his other wife.
• Laundry room graffiti: At 12:18 p.m. April 12 at 28120 18th Ave. S., a person reported that an unknown culprit used a black marker to vandalize several washing machines at an apartment complex.
• Nearly shot: At 1:45 a.m. April 12 at 1700 S. 324th St., an unidentified suspect using a handgun shot at three victims. One bullet struck a victim's vehicle. There were no injuries.
• Child abuse: At 2:01 a.m. April 12 at 34515 9th Ave. S., St. Francis Hospital staff reported possible child abuse in regard to an infant with a broken arm.
• Hygiene product theft: At 10:49 p.m. April 13 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect allegedly stole 214 items, several of them packaged toothbrushes, from a grocer.
• Odd note: At 9:58 a.m. April 13 at a Borders Books in Federal Way, a person reported that several cars in the parking lot, including the complainant's, had notes left on their windows. The notes indicated someone had struck the vehicle and the person responsible could be reached at the given phone number. Police called the number and contacted a man operating an extermination business. He said he did not leave the notes and did not know who did. The incident appears to be a hoax.
• Hit-and-run: At 2:59 p.m. April 4 at 30400 Pacific Highway South, a bicyclist was hit by a motorized vehicle. He or she suffered an injured leg. The vehicle failed to stop and ensure the bicyclist was safe.