- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Scuba diver finds a rusty gun at Dash Point Pier | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Recovered gun: At 11:21 a.m. March 29 in the 30400 block of 23rd Avenue Southwest, a man called police to report he found a 9mm handgun in the Puget Sound near Dash Point Pier while scuba diving. The gun was rusted and not working. It held one round in its chamber and did not have a magazine.
• Broken window: At 9:58 p.m. March 28 in the 35600 block of 2nd Lane South, the front windows of a vehicle were broken with a rock. A GPS was stolen from the vehicle.
• Vehicle prowl: At 6:18 p.m. March 28 in the 1400 block of South 348th Street, police responded to a vehicle prowl. The two suspects were both convicted felons and a firearm was found in their possession.
• Malicious mischief: At 12:46 a.m. March 28 in the 32800 block of 20th Avenue South, the window of a vehicle was shattered. Nothing was removed from the vehicle.
• Punctured tires: At 2:27 p.m. March 28 in the 4900 block of Southwest 319 Lane, police responded to an act of vandalism. A victim's front tires on his or her vehicle were punctured with a knife and the vehicle's windshield was damaged with a rock.
• Foot pursuit: At 3:33 a.m. March 28 at 29800 23rd Avenue South, a man was stopped for a traffic violation. He fled the vehicle on foot and was pursued by a K-9 team. He was captured and taken to the police station, where he spit on an officer.
• Mother/daughter fight: At 8:52 p.m. March 29 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a mother and daughter got into an argument over a DVD player. The argument became physical when one of the females pulled the other's hair.
• Juvenile assault: At 3:59 p.m. March 29 in the 31700 block of 23rd Avenue South, two juveniles attacked two other juveniles by punching, kicking and pulling their hair. The suspects stole one victim's BlackBerry cell phone. The suspects were later found by police and the phone was returned to its owner.
• Hankering for alcohol: At 1:12 p.m. March 29 at 32015 Pacific Highway South, a suspect shoplifted two bottles of wine. The suspect was verbally aggressive with police and unable to stand or remember recent activities. When police asked the suspect how much alcohol he or she had consumed, the suspect said "not enough."
• Broken windows: At 10:53 p.m. March 30 in the 29100 block of 23rd Place South, a person reported a vehicle's window broken. It appears it was shot at with a BB gun. The window was the fourth to suffer similar damage in the area around the same time.
• Desperate for toiletries: At 3:56 p.m. March 30 at 106 Campus Southwest Campus Drive, a suspect stole $79.77 worth of toiletries from Winco Foods.
• Shots from a vehicle: At 1:19 a.m. March 30 at 31130 Pacific Highway South, a victim reported four males in a car shot a BB or pellet gun from the vehicle they were in while at a fast food drive through. No injuries were reported.