Man assaults baby | Federal Way crime blotter
March 28, 2009 · Updated 6:11 PM
• Man assaults baby: At 6:34 p.m. March 19 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a man allegedly threw a car seat containing a 1-year-old crying child onto the floor. The baby landed upside down, according to police reports. The man then kicked the car seat to turn it over. The same suspect slapped a female victim several times in the face and punched her multiple times in the arm during the same incident. He was arrested while in the sauna at a gym. The suspect was booked into jail.
• Found remains: At 6:07 p.m. March 22 at 2800 S.W. 320th St., police were dispatched to a report of found bones in a newly cleared wooded area. The bones ranged in size from 1 inch to 8 inches long. Some were jagged, appeared cut by a saw or fragments. They were turned over to the King County Medical Examiner.
• Strangulation attempt: At 12:13 p.m. March 16 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a domestic violence assault took place. The suspect strangled the victim in front of a minor.
• Child abuse: At 9:10 p.m. March 19 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, a suspect was arrested after police were notified by a witness that the suspect assaulted his or her family. Marks and welts were found on one victim’s back and stomach.
• Threats: At 9:48 p.m. March 20 in the 33200 block of 37th Avenue Southwest, a man reported his wife threatened to shoot him.
• Fight: At 6:30 p.m. March 20 at 876 333rd St. S., a suspect was knocked unconscious when he was struck in the jaw by another suspect during a fight.
• Malicious act: At 11:35 p.m. March 20 in the 32500 block of 21st Ave. S.W., a woman reported juveniles threw a rock at her windshield while she was driving.
• Stolen gun: At 2:03 p.m. March 20 in the 31600 block of Pacific Highway South, a man reported a backpack with a laptop and hand gun were stolen from his vehicle.
• Suspicious circumstance: At 8:12 p.m. March 21 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, a man reported his pink .22-caliber rifle stolen. He later admitted a friend knowingly took it and sold it to a drug dealer. The man did not want trouble for his friend and only wanted to be disassociated with the gun.
• Bomb threat: At 7:44 p.m. March 21 at 2501 Gateway Center Plaza, several witnesses reported a man was running in and out of traffic. When contacted by police he was yelling loudly that he was “going to blow up the transit center.” His speech was slurred.
• Dog attack: At 4:30 p.m. March 21 in the 1900 block of Southwest 320th Street, officers responded to a dog bite. A woman was walking her small dog when a pit bull ran toward her and attacked her dog. The woman was bit on the hand.
• Hit and run: At 11:57 a.m. March 21 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a person’s car slid to a stop, hitting the rear tire of a bicycle in the crosswalk. The driver failed to stop to ensure the bicyclist was safe.
• Stabbing: At 2:32 a.m. March 21 in the 4100 block of South 288th Street, a victim was stabbed in the arm by an unknown person at a party. The victim refused to cooperate with police.