- About Us
Man finds $10,000 in store's bathroom | Federal Way crime blotter
The following is a sample from the Federal Way police public information log:
• At 6:39 p.m. Nov. 13 at 31515 20th Ave. S., a person found a bag with $10,000 in it at the Top Foods men’s bathroom. A man later claimed the property was his. Police requested video to verify the owner’s identity.
• At 5:11 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 27600 block of 21st Place South, a complainant reported someone turned on a residence’s Christmas lights overnight. Yard items were moved around and a notepad was left on a patio table.
• At 8:18 a.m. Nov. 13 at 1300 S.W. Campus Drive, a group of juveniles broke into a vacant apartment, where they held a party and created extensive damage. Some of the juveniles returned the next morning. They were caught by maintenance and three were arrested.
• At 2:15 p.m. Nov. 13 at 30611 16th Ave. S., unknown suspects burned approximately two feet of toilet paper and marked gang and vulgar remarks on walls with black marker.
• At 12:29 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 33300 block of 42nd Avenue SW, several thousands of dollars worth of appliances and flooring were stolen from a house under construction.
• At 11:29 a.m. Nov. 13 at 1901 S.W. 320th St., a person reported that someone entered 300 post office boxes overnight and stole mail. All residents at the location had a mailroom key. It is unclear whether a key was used to access the mailboxes.
• At 6:25 p.m. Nov. 14 at 34008 Hoyt Road S.W., a victim was standing on the corner when two males appeared and forcefully took her cell phone. Witnesses gave chase but the men escaped.
• At 9:05 p.m. Nov. 14 in the 32000 block of Military Road, a man was grabbed by the neck, pushed and hit in the face and elbowed in the sternum by his ex-wife’s new boyfriend. The suspect also stole the man’s $200 cell phone.
• At 1:20 p.m. Nov. 14 at 2345 S.W. 320th St., co-workers got in an argument. The suspect became angry and put his or her hands around the victim’s neck. There were no visible injuries.