- Elected leaders, hopefuls mull college at Weyerhaeuser site in Federal Way
- Federal Way chiropractor gives up license after sexual misconduct conviction
- Federal Way Public Schools staff rally before school starts
- Federal Way school board adopts budget for 2014-15
- Highline joins initiative to strengthen manufacturers
- Mirror's Citizen of the Month: Pastor Jon McIntosh
- State testing results released; schools hold steady
- Time capsule reveals history of longtime business, Federal Way | Slideshow
- Weyerhaeuser to move headquarters from Federal Way to Seattle
- Woman raped after hitchhiking | Federal Way Police Blotter
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Two Federal Way schools put on lockdown over residential burglary response
Decatur High School and Olympic View Elementary School were put on lockdown Wednesday, Oct. 29, after Federal Way police responded to a residential burglary in progress on 26th Avenue Southwest near 320th Street and 323rd Street.
Two juveniles were involved in the attempted burglary; one was taken into custody at the scene while the other suspect fled on foot.
Guardian One was brought out briefly and K-9 units were on their way to the scene.
Federal Way police are still continuing a ground search.
As of 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, the police still had not located the second suspect. The first suspect was booked into the King County juvenile detention center.